Set Square.

Feat. Persunmall, Dahlia & Primark

Dahlia Jessica White Cold Shoulder Blouse with Floral Crochet Collar
Persunmall Grid Pattern Circle A-Line Skirt
Jessica White Cold Shoulder Blouse with Floral Crochet Collar - Dahlia
British Style Mini Frilly Skirt - Persunmall
Black Suede Ankle Boots - Primark


Hey everyone! HAPPY VALENTINES DAY! Hope you're all feeling suitably loved-up/single-and-fab! I'm currently spending V-Day playing video games with my brother, mourning the absence of my boyfriend who is currently in Berlin for a film festival! ): Tub of Ben & Jerry's for one!
In order to distract myself from my forever-alonedness, I decided to drop in with a new outfit post. Ever since I received this shirt (a Christmas present from my auntie) and this skirt (a gift from Persunmall), I've been dying to wear both of them. Little did I know that I'd actually end up wearing the two together, and being fairly pleased with the result! As magazines and catwalk shows have been telling us consistently over the past few months, the monochrome trend is here to stay for the spring and summer seasons. Being a huge fan of black all year round, I've been making a special effort, as the days get brighter and the weather gets warmer, to take a warmer-toned approach to monochrome - with navy and ivory (as you may remember from my last outfit post). Here, I'm opting for navy again, with my new grid-print skirt from Persunmall. As many of you are probably aware already, I'm a little addicted to A-line skirts, and the shape of this circle skirt is just so flattering, and really swishy! The material is thick enough so as not to crease every time you sit down, yet isn't so heavy that the pleats are weighed down. It's just perfect!
I had been eyeing up this Dahlia shirt for months before I got it, and I have to say that it was well with the wait! Being slightly wary of the cold-shoulder trend due to my relatively broad shoulders, I wasn't sure if this blouse would suit me at all, but I fell in love with it as soon as I put it on. Its gorgeous crochet collar means that it even looks great under jumpers (which is great news for me, considering we're having freak storm weather in Ireland at the minute)!
That's all from me for now! Hope you like my outfit. Let me know what you think - I love reading all your comments! (:

Lots of Love,

7 comments:

  1. Oh you're so beautiful ! I love this look :)

    By the way, would you like to follow each other ?
    You know what ? Take a look to my blog, follow me if you like on bloglovin' or GFC it and let me know, I'll follow right back <3

    Hope you have a great day, greetings from Paris,
    Sofia
    http://nuagedemoutons.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful, refined look! I love that blouse--classic with the cold shoulders giving it a bit of an edge!

    Also, your pictures always look so lovely. :)

    -Christine
    http://thehitchcockiancockatoo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine! <3
      Dahlia are great for vintage/classic-looking pieces with a bit of an edge. That's why I fell in love with this shirt! (:
      Thank you so much m'lovely! x

      Delete
  3. This pairing goes so great together. I love the detail on the collar. I don't think you notice with cut out shoulders too much, they are a nice cute details but not over powering the whole shirt.
    That shape skirt is also a favourite of mine.

    ~K
    bluehairinbelgium.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you m'dear! (:
      Yes! Originally the gorgeous collar was what attracted me to the shirt, but I also loved the slight edginess created by the cold-shoulders! Not too daring and still quite sweet! (:
      And yes, I will love circle skirts until the day I die! (;

      Delete
  4. Hey. I just found your blog! It is totally amazing. Love your style!
    Would you like to follow each other?
    Let me know!

    With love,
    Vilma

    http://cantellyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're as cute as a button! I love the crochet collar, very pretty.

    Tara xo

    ReplyDelete