Monday Makeup - My Top Revlon Lip Products for Valentine's Day!

Hey guys! For this week's Makeup Monday, I decided to get into the spirit of loooooove with some totally Valentine's-appropriate lips! Red and pink lip colours are perfect for February 14th, and lip stains are perfect if you're planning on doing some lip-locking. (; Here are five lip products that I have been loving recently, and that your special someone should love too! Revlon in Boots are currently having a 3 for 2 offer on all of their products, so if you fancy any of these beauties, pop in this week! 

My first pick is this Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie. This is my all-time favourite natural lip colour, being just a shade or two darker than my natural lip colour. There has been so much hype about these lip butters, and I have to agree with everything that has been said about them - they have a lovely consistency, feel really moisturising, have surprising staying-power and good pigmentation. New shades have recently been added to the collection, so there are even more lovely colours to choose from. If you're looking for a natural, no-makeup kind of lip, this is the one for you.
The next two are from Revlon's Colorburst Matte Balm collection, in shades Striking and Standout. The first one is Striking, an orange-toned red. The other is Standout, a dark burgundy red (though it looks redder in the photographs, unfortunately - see swatches below for a more accurate colour!) These balms are probably my favourite: I adore the matte finish, which is made even better by its moisturising feel. In comparison to lip stains, they are not at all drying, and feel like you're wearing a lip balm. Also, these stains literally DO. NOT. BUDGE. I have worn these out to dinner a couple of times, and I haven't ever needed to top them up during the meal. They also wouldn't come off after I swatched them, so I'm still walking around with little smudges on my forearm!

Number four is a very Valentine's-appropriate, being the ColorBurst Balm Stain in shade Romantic! This balm has a shiny, glossy finish and feels slightly lighter than the matte balms, but has great pigmentation. The lasting power is not quite as good as the matte balms, and leaves a more natural finish, but feels lovely and nourishing when you're wearing it! This balm can be easily layered to create a deep red, or applied as a light wash of pinky colour.
The Revlon Just Bitten Lipstain + Balm has been around for ages and has been a staple in my makeup bag. These stains received mixed reviews across the blogosphere, with some people complaining about how dry the stain left their lips, and how the colour seemed to cling to dry or flaky patches of skin. The trick to achieving a nice effect with these lip stains is to use a lip scrub beforehand, and to ensure that your lips are properly moisturised before applying. I didn't particularly like the balm that comes with the stain, but using your own favourite lip balm works perfectly worn under or over the lip stain! This gorgeous bright pink is the shade Passion, and looks super girly and flirty - perfect for Valentine's Day!

Due to some funny lighting when I was taking the pictures above, some of the shades don't look completely true-to-life. Check out these swatches for a better idea of what the colours will look like in natural light!
So yeah, hope you enjoyed my top Valentine's shades! Some of them may look really similar, but that was mainly down to my photography failure! The swatches should give you a better indication of what the lip colours actually look like. Which one is your favourite?


Lots of love (for the season that's in it!)

2 comments:

  1. Love the revlon matte balms I have one in 'sultry' and definitely need to go and get some more!!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agh! Sultry is definitely on my 'to buy asap' list!
      x

      Delete