- Rekindle my love for distance running. One of my favourite past times is running. I began about 5 years ago and caught the running bug, and really enjoyed everything about it: the runner's high, the next-day muscle ache, the physical and mental benefits, the opportunity to listen to music and get some fresh air, everything. However, with exams, an increasingly-hectic timetable and some illness and injuries over the past 2 years, I have been much more lax with my approach to running. In the new year, I would love to begin running regularly again, to boost my distances and maybe complete my first full marathon!
- Get more sleep. Because I am currently living with 3 of my best friends, we stay up chatting basically every night even when we have to be awake at 8 the following morning. I could probably count on one hand the number of nights I have gotten to sleep before 12 since I've started living in that house! I know this resolution may seem sort of insignificant, but I know that I function better and that I'm generally a happier, friendlier person when I've gotten my 8 hours, so for me, I think it's worth it!
- Be a better blogger! I'm constantly apologising for the sporadic nature of my blog posts and this is something that I would very much like to change. With work and college commitments, it's often pretty tricky for me to blog often, but I would like to aim to post at least once or twice a week in future! I really do enjoy blogging and taking pictures, and feel that I should take more time to do it!
- Eat Clean. College life has really messed up by eating habits over the past 2 years, which is something that has affected my health, my moods, my skin, and probably loads more! I actually really love the taste of veggies and fruit, but have just relied too much on the unhealthy stuff, so as a test of willpower, I have decided to challenge myself to a year of clean eating! No chocolate, no biccies, no crisps and no other unhealthy snacks. However, the real challenge is to find healthy substitutes for these treats - discoveries I may share with you as I make them!
- Drink more water! I love water. I just don't drink enough. That will change!
So, these are my resolutions. Hopefully I will have accomplished some if not all of them over the next 365 days! What are your resolutions? I'd love to hear them!
Anyways, hope all of you lovely readers have a fabulous NYE serenaded by the lovely Zooey & Joseph! Roll on 2014!
Lots of Love,